- Puppycide: A Michigan police officer kills a puppy while chasing a suspect through a fenced yard.
- Marshalltown, Iowa (population: 26,000) is the latest town to get a Mine Resistant Ambush Proof armored truck from the Pentagon.
- According to the Huffington Post, Eric Holder has had a talk with Drug Enforcement Administration chief Michele Leonhart, after which she appears to have changed her mind about sentencing reform.
- More arming of the regulatory state: The U.S. Department of Agriculture has put out a bid to buy a bunch of .40-caliber submachine guns with 30-round clips. Some analysis here. The USDA’s justification makes sense only if you think the Department of Agriculture (and numerous other regulatory agencies) should have its own law enforcement division.
- A group of Washington state pot cases now known as the Kettle Falls Five has put the lie to the Obama administration’s claim that citizens who grow or use pot in compliance with state law have little to fear from the federal government.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.