The good:

The bad:

  • An Albuquerque cop allegedly kneed a man in the groin during a traffic stop, resulting in the man losing a testicle. He then seized the cellphone of a passenger in the vehicle and attempted to delete video of the altercation.
  • For some reason, NYPD officers keep raiding the home of a dead man.
  • After a scuffle with Florida police that left a man in a coma, officers arrested and seized the cellphone of another man who was recording the incident.
  • Boynton Beach, Fla., police are investigating citizen-shot video that appears to show officers abusing two minors.

The ugly:

A companion of William C. Sager Jr. called 911 early Sunday to report Sager was being harassed inside Molly’s Pub by the management and two off-duty police officers . . .

Soon after that call, Sager was thrown down a set of stairs and placed in handcuffs while out cold.

Then, still in handcuffs and bleeding from the ears and mouth, he was dragged out on the sidewalk, a short distance from the bar. When a friend tried to intervene, he was placed under arrest.

Later, when on-duty police responded, they found an internal surveillance tape from Molly’s in the trash nearby.

The purported details of Darren Rainey’s last hour are difficult to read.

“I can’t take it no more, I’m sorry. I won’t do it again,’’ he screamed over and over, according to a grievance complaint from a fellow inmate, as Rainey was allegedly locked in a shower with the scalding water turned on full blast.

A 50-year-old mentally ill inmate at the Dade Correctional Institution, Rainey was pulled into the locked shower by prison guards as punishment after defecating in his cell and refusing to clean it up, said the fellow inmate, who worked as an orderly. He was left there unattended for more than an hour as the narrow chamber filled with steam and water.

When guards finally checked on prisoner 060954, he was on his back and dead. His skin was so burned that it had shriveled from his body, a condition referred to as slippage, according to a medical document involving the death.

But nearly two years after Rainey’s death on June 23, 2012, the Miami-Dade medical examiner has yet to complete an autopsy and Miami-Dade police have not charged anyone.

  • In Los Angeles: