- The Supreme Court issues a last-minute stay of execution for Missouri inmate Russell Bucklew.
- The Austin American-Statesman looks at the problem of police officers who are fired from one police agency for misconduct, only to quickly find jobs in other police agencies. And here’s a related story from Worcester, Mass.
- Former Boston police commissioner Kathleen O’Toole has been named to head up Seattle’s troubled police department.
- Retro Report looks at how DNA testing has exposed flaws in forensic science.
- A former judge urges Massachusetts to finally move on from the specter of Willie Horton.
- Chicago magazine publishes the second installment of its series on how police may be fudging the city’s crime rate.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.