- The Justice Department says it will investigate how many armed law enforcement agencies are now employed by the federal government.
- Activists ask the NYPD’s new office of inspector general to investigate the extent of the department’s spying.
- Solitary confinement’s devastating effect on women. This continued, almost mundane use of isolation seems gratuitously punitive, given all the talk about overcrowded jails and prisons.
- The Open File has details on two more capital cases in which prosecutors sat on exculpatory evidence.
- The IRS may soon be coming for your frequent-flier miles.
- Remember those stories about forced anal probes after traffic stops? Here’s a new form of highway sadism: According to a lawsuit, an Indiana cop recently ordered a hospital to forcibly insert a catheter into a motorist because he wasn’t satisfied with a blood-alcohol test showing that the man was under the legal limit.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.