- The Supreme Court continues to regularly rule in favor of immunity from lawsuits for police officers.
- Also this week, the court rejected rigid IQ cutoffs for determining whether a prisoner is mentally fit for execution.
- Another day, another fatal raid on someone suspected of a drug crime.
- New York City police will begin carrying an antidote for heroin overdoses. It’s unfortunate that more cities haven’t done this already. The only real argument against making the drug widely available is that overdoses are good deterrent to drug use. And that argument is pretty appalling.
- The Jackson Free Press calls on Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood to open an investigation into embattled medical examiner Steven Hayne.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.