- The Drug Enforcement Administration is threatening Massachusetts doctors with ties to medical marijuana.
- When given the option of life without parole, just 42 percent of Americans support the death penalty, according to a new poll.
- Texas is allowing fewer media witnesses to state executions. It’s part of an overall trend toward less transparency for one of the most profound and consequential powers a government can exercise.
- On the other hand . . . things here aren’t quite as bad as they are in Japan.
- An interesting Reddit AMA with a man who spent years in prison for a crime he didn’t commit.
- Puppycide: In Texas, two cops have been cleared for shooting and killing a family dog after responding to a false home alarm. In Louisiana, a different story, where a cop has been indicted for animal cruelty after shooting a man’s dog to death in April.
- The Detroit Police Department will revamp its narcotics unit after an investigation finds troubling problems with how the unit handled evidence.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.