- It’s hard to get good, consistent figures, but the data we do have suggest that school shooting incidents are declining, not increasing. I’d imagine a lot of people would also be surprised at just how low the total figures are.
- How the criminal justice system erodes democratic citizenship.
- The American Civil Liberties Union makes disturbing new allegations of abuse of undocumented immigrants in federal prisons.
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection fires its head of internal affairs.
- Bad: In a case of mistaken identity, the sheriff’s office in Clay County, Fla., arrested the wrong woman. Worse: The department then kept her jailed for nearly a month. Worst: It’s the second time the department has done this.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.