- The conservative Washington Free Beacon smears Hillary Clinton for defending an accused child rapist. I’ve previously written about political attacks for criminal defense work here. My colleague Philip Bump has more analysis here.
- A new Illinois law bans the use of ticket quotas by police departments.
- Here’s a good primer on the harm caused by frivolous occupational licensing laws.
- For your reading list: The Brennan Center has a new blog that will provide data-driven analysis of the criminal justice system.
- State legislatures are passing laws to limit police collection of cellphone data. Unfortunately, the federal government is actively conspiring with police agencies to get around those laws by invoking national security.
- NPR looks at how states compensate — or don’t compensate — the wrongly convicted.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.