- A unanimous Supreme Court rules that police must obtain a warrant before searching your cellphone.
- Terrific investigative series on Alabama’s decaying prison system.
- “In 2013, 87 percent of the roughly 7,000 marijuana-possession arrests in New York targeted blacks or Latinos.”
- Los Angeles Police Department orders military-grade tactical motorcycles to police . . . homeless people.
- Headline of the day.
- Glendale, Calif., police allow a suspect to escape in order to harass a citizen who was recording the arrest.
- Nigerian man institutionalized for declaring his atheism.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.