- New York City study: “Black and Hispanic defendants are more likely to be held in jail before trial and more likely to be offered plea bargains that include a prison sentence than whites and Asians charged with the same crimes.”
- “I Was 16 and in Solitary Before I Ever Even Went to Trial”
- Target security guard fired after reporting a police officer for shoplifting.
- Innocence Project director Barry Scheck is renewing his call for a review of all prosecutions handled by former Durham district attorney Mike Nifong.
- South Carolina town rallies to support a fired gay police chief.
- Here’s a nice overview of all the rights you give up the moment you sit down in a car.
- UCLA pays $500,000 settlement to black judge who was roughed up by campus police during a traffic stop.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.