- A New Jersey officer attempts to shoot a dog and shoots himself, too. “Past exonorative” voice bonus: “The officer drew his service weapon, which somehow fired accidentally.”
- The Department of Justice is exporting the practice of civil asset forfeiture to other countries.
- A strong critique of Pennsylvania’s failure to address mass incarceration and prison reform.
- Border Patrol agents detain, search and draw guns on Boy Scouts because one of them snapped a photo.
- A great story about how an activist journalist forced Chicago to make police disciplinary files open to the public.
- The N.Y. Police Department officer who allegedly put Eric Garner in a choke hold has been the target of two lawsuits alleging police abuse. One was settled for $30,000. The other is pending.
- A column in American Cop magazine: “Are we misusing SWAT?“
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.