- The man who filmed the death of Eric Garner at the hands of NYPD officers has been arrested on a weapons charge.
- In Philadelphia, the retail chain GameStop now requires customers to submit a fingerprint before the store will buy used video games. The measure apparently came at the behest of Philadelphia police.
- More examples of ugliness in online police forums.
- A video appears to show a San Antonio police officer administering a choke hold for more than two minutes.
- The Brooklyn DA’s office is now looking at 71 cases involving disgraced former NYPD detective Louis Scarcella.
- A study from the Brookings Institution finds that marijuana legalization in Colorado “is succeeding.”
- New evidence casts more doubt on the guilt of Cameron Todd Willingham. It seems increasingly likely that Texas executed an innocent man.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.