- A police officer shoots, kills unarmed 18-year-old in the St. Louis suburb of Ferguson. The officer’s account of the incident is drastically different from witness accounts. Protests yesterday afternoon were peaceful but last night turned violent.
- The News-Press looks at police militarization in southwest Florida.
- A U.S. News columnist looks at the criminalization of parenthood.
- Eric Holder warns of the creeping (and creepy) use of “pre-crime” technology.
- Another former student sues a university, alleging he was denied his due process rights during a sexual assault tribunal.
- Baltimore imposes the nation’s toughest curfew for minors.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.