- A Los Angeles Times investigation finds that the LAPD is the latest big-city police department to juke its crime stats.
- A study finds an increase in homicides in states with “Stand Your Ground” laws.
- An immigration judge of Iranian ethnicity sues to overturn an order requiring her to recuse herself from cases involving Iranian immigrants.
- Since legalization, teens in Colorado are smoking less pot. The decline in Colorado also exceeds the decline in pot-smoking teens nationwide.
- Wired magazine interviews Edward Snowden.
- Texas agrees to let the Innocence Project review more than 10 years worth of arson convictions that may have been based on junk science.
- The latest crime lab scandal comes courtesy of Columbus, Ohio.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.