- Allegations that NYPD cops may have planted evidence, perjured themselves and engaged in cover-ups while investigating gun cases.
- A peek inside America’s disturbingly efficient deportation machinery.
- The militarization of New Jersey.
- The Justice Department says it will no longer prosecute Native Americans who grow and sell pot on tribal land.
- Another major newspaper — this time USA Today — calls for reform in how we investigate shootings by police officers.
- The Economist also editorializes for police reform. The debate is certainly changing.
- Meanwhile, Congress just passed a bill requiring police departments to issue quarterly reports of any deaths in police custody.
- Sunglasses, tin foil and a microphone: a partial list of things cops have mistaken for guns before shooting someone.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.