- Police in Rohnert Park, Calif., raid the home of a man who posted critical comments about them online. The police chief says the raid came after someone called 911 to report a woman screaming inside the man’s home, but there was no woman, and the chief now refuses to release the recording of the 911 call.
- Prostitution charges dropped for cases in which Minneapolis police officers allegedly had sexual contact with sex workers.
- Egyptian court sentences Al Jazeera journalists sentenced to three years in prison.
- Welcome to 1992: Indiana prosecutors seek longer prison sentences for drug crimes.
- Welcome to Missouri, America’s leader in carrying out executions. Just try not to think about those four death row exonerations.
- The federal and local governments are engaged in an all-out assault on the sex work industry, and it’s mostly motivated by asset forfeiture.
- Massachusetts’s highest court strikes down town law that effectively banned sex offenders from living in 95 percent of city and town housing.
- A black man in jail since April for stealing $5 in snacks was found dead in his Portsmouth, Va., cell.
- Photo of the day: Kansas City, Mo.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.