- New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman files charges against DA, alleging official misconduct and perjury during investigation into police shooting of unarmed man.
- Colorado appeals court rejects prosecutor’s attempt to jail activists for handing out pamphlets about jury nullification.
- Today’s right-wing hypocrisy Mad Lib: Body-cam footage shows that anti-gay former Oklahoma state senator was wearing a misogynist shirt emblazoned with a Bible verse when he was caught with pot and a teenage boy in a motel room.
- Portugal’s radical experiment with drug decriminalization has been wildly successful. So why don’t other countries emulate it?
- Atlanta police are ticketing people for feeding the homeless. Happy holidays!
- Jeff Sessions suggests that the Justice Department may soon start cracking down on states that have legalized marijuana.
- Lawsuit: Euclid, Ohio, police Tased and pepper-sprayed a man after a seat-belt stop after mistaking his colostomy bag for a gun. The man was then forced to the ground, handcuffed, arrested and charged with “obstructing official business, resisting arrest, and criminal trespass.” He was then subjected to a full-body X-ray without his consent.
- Over the past two years, Baltimore has paid $1.2 million to settle three excessive force claims against the same police officer.
- Why the Supreme Court’s “dual sovereignty” doctrine violates the Constitution’s prohibition on double jeopardy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.