This summer, the Georgetown Center for the Constitution, which I direct, will be sponsoring a new Originalism Boot Camp on originalist interpretation, to be held from May 23-27 at Georgetown Law. The boot camp will provide an incomparable training for current law students and recent graduates. In addition to daily lectures by me and my Georgetown colleague, Professor Lawrence Solum, the boot camp will feature guest lectures by:
- Will Baude of Chicago (on originalist research sources),
- Laura Donohue of Georgetown (on the Fourth Amendment)
- Philip Hamburger of Columbia (on originalism and legal history),
- Saikrishna Prakash of Virginia (on executive power), and
- Michael Rappaport of San Diego (on “original methods” originalism).
In the afternoons, students will have the opportunity to meet with Justice Antonin Scalia, Justice Clarence Thomas, Judge Diane Sykes, and former Attorney General Ed Meese, as well as interact with a stellar panel of constitutional litigators.
It is with great pleasure that I invite you to apply for this 5-day intensive boot camp. Because we understand that your time is valuable, up to 20 selected applicants will receive a $3,000 honorarium for their participation in the program, in addition to their travel expenses. (Admission will be on a rolling basis and may fill up before the deadline of March 15th.)
I look forward to reading your application.