- 1 1/2 cups plain quick-cooking couscous (uncooked)
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- Kosher salt
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large handful fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 large handful fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
Combine the couscous, boiling water and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a mixing bowl, stirring to incorporate. Cover the bowl tightly with a plate or plastic wrap; let the mixture sit for 5 minutes, then uncover and fluff the couscous with a fork.
Stir in the lemon zest and juice, oil, parsley and dill, tossing until well incorporated.
Taste, and season with more salt, as needed. Transfer the couscous to a serving bowl, then scatter the feta on top. Serve at room temperature.
From cookbook author Julia Turshen.
Tested by Jacob Brogan; email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scale and get a printer-friendly version of the recipe here.
Did you make this recipe? Take a photo and tag us on Instagram with #eatvoraciously.
Calories: 480; Total Fat: 21 g; Saturated Fat: 6 g; Cholesterol: 20 mg; Sodium: 270 mg; Carbohydrates: 67 g; Dietary Fiber: 4 g; Sugars: 3 g; Protein: 16 g.