Four luxury condominiums, nearly the size of single-family houses, will go on the market this week near Logan Circle at 939-941 M St. NW.
The property, developed by Redwood Ventures, consists of 2,400-square-foot units ranging from $1.39 million to $1.69 million, said Jenn Smira, a real estate agent at Reishman Real Estate.
Each unit has four bedrooms and three and a half bathrooms, 11-foot-high ceilings, kitchens with marble countertops and Thermador appliances, hardwood floors with walnut sand finishes and lots of closet space on two levels. Unit A has a patio and Unit B has its own rooftop deck.
The building is in the heart of a lively neighborhood with restaurants, bars and shops. The Metro is a little over a block away.
For more information, contact Smira at 202-340-7675 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A new group of high-end condominiums will be available on 15th Street in Northwest Washington in summer 2015.
New app for renters
Doorsteps Swipe, a real estate search app used by home buyers around the country, has expanded its services to renters.
The Swipe app, powered by Realtor.com, lets renters and home buyers save information on listings and then generates a summary of their preferences for various amenities and price ranges based on their actions on the app. The app displays information on rental amenities, local schools, pet policies and other data, and then sends new listing alerts based on the users’ most recent search criteria.
Consumers who aren’t sure if they’re ready to buy or if they want a new rental can use the Swipe app to look for both types of listings at once based on their GPS location, a circled search area or the “surprise me” option that lets Swipe suggest listings outside of their current preferred neighborhood that might meet their criteria.
The initial Swipe screen has only a photo and street address. Users can get more images, liking it or giving it a “thumbs down.” The Doorsteps Swipe app is available from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch devices or at
Construction of condos on 15th Street NW to start soon
New high-end condominiums will be available on 15th Street in Northwest Washington in the summer of 2015.
Construction is scheduled to begin this month at the as-yet-unnamed 30-unit development at 2317-2331 15th St. NW, just one block from 14th Street and less than one mile from the U Street and Columbia Heights Metro stations.
Madison Investments, in partnership with PGN Architects and ADG interior design firm, is converting the existing buildings into luxury one- and two-bedroom condos.
The location includes not only great access to restaurants, shops and nightlife, but also to the quiet refuge of Meridian Hill Park. The building will include a 1,500-square-foot roof deck and a landscaped garden in a courtyard.
Two penthouse units will each have a private roof deck. Pricing is expected to be from the mid $300,000s to $1 million. For more information, visit www.MadisonInvestments.net.
Tips for home buyers
Whether you’re a first-time or repeat home buyer, the process can be mysterious, stressful and even scary. Wells Fargo offers the following tips for aspiring buyers:
• Know your credit profile. Get your credit report at www.annualcreditreport.com.
• Have manageable debt. While some loan programs allow an overall debt-to-income ratio up to 43 percent, keeping your debt at or below 36 percent of your gross monthly income is recommended.
• Have funds for a down payment. While you don’t always need 20 percent for a down payment, keep in mind that if you make a down payment of less than that you’ll need to pay mortgage insurance which adds to your monthly payment and overall loan cost.
• Demonstrate proof of all income. Be ready with your tax returns, current W2s, recent paystubs and other documents.
• Have some money in the bank. You not only need to show that you can make your monthly payments, but you need a cushion that shows you can make payments even in a financial crunch. Most experts suggest that you have six months of expenses in the bank, which also serves to show a lender you’re financially responsible.
Michele Lerner is a freelance writer. To pass on a tip or news item, contact us at email@example.com and put “Town Square” in the subject line.