Whether you’re a couch potato who loves watching other people’s homes get renovated and have thought about getting your own done, too, or you’re already revved up for a major remodel, you could be a candidate for “This Old House,” the PBS TV series that showcases homes undergoing a renovation.
Proposals are being accepted between now and Dec. 31 for projects that should start in early spring 2016 and end by November 2016. Selected projects will be featured on multiple episodes during the 2016/17 season.
But before you get too excited, be aware that the renovations are completely funded by the homeowners and not “This Old House,” though the show coordinates product discounts and donations where possible. All donated items are considered gifts, on which the homeowners pay taxes.
To have your home considered, e-mail proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit them via regular mail to: This Old House Project Proposals, P.O. Box 130, Concord, Mass. 01742. Select homeowners will be contacted by show producers for further interviews.
Your proposal should include:
• A brief description of the renovation project, including house style, location and year built
• Low-res digital pictures of the home’s interior and exterior
• Any architectural plans or schematics
• Brief description of the current homeowners
• Low-res digital pictures of the homeowners
• How much you plan to spend
• When you need to start and conclude the project
For more information visit www.thisoldhouse.com/pickmyhouse.
Michele Lerner is a freelance writer. To pass on a tip or news item, contact us at email@example.com and put “Town Square” in the subject line.