Some of the more than one dozen current and former White House officials who cooperated with special counsel Robert Mueller are worried that the version of his report expected to be made public on Thursday will expose them as the source of damaging information about President Donald Trump, according to multiple witnesses in the investigation.Some of the officials and their lawyers have sought clarity from the Justice Department on whether the names of those who cooperated with Mueller’s team will be redacted or if the public report will be written in a way that makes it obvious who shared certain details of Trump’s actions that were part of the obstruction of justice probe, people familiar with the discussions said. But, they said, the Justice Department has refused to elaborate.
- Former Trump fixer Michael Cohen lied to Congress about Trump’s efforts during the campaign to secure a deal to build a Trump Tower in Moscow.
- Donald Trump Jr. lied about his meeting with a group of Russians to get dirt on Hillary Clinton.
- Rudolph W. Giuliani lied about that meeting, too.
- Michael Flynn lied to the FBI about his contacts with the Russian ambassador.
- George Papadopoulos lied to the FBI about his attempts to get Clinton dirt from Russia.
- Paul Manafort lied about his relationship with a supposed Russian intelligence asset to whom he passed the campaign’s polling data.
- Jeff Sessions had convenient memory lapses about his own contacts with Russians during the campaign.
- Roger Stone allegedly lied about his contacts with WikiLeaks.
- And, of course, President Trump himself told one lie after another about Russia.