Attorney General William P. Barr has assigned an outside prosecutor to scrutinize the criminal case against President Trump’s former national security adviser Michael T. Flynn, according to people familiar with the matter.The review is highly unusual and could trigger more accusations of political interference by top Justice Department officials into the work of career prosecutors.
So every prosecutor knows: If you displease the president, Barr is coming after you.
* Michelle Goldberg talks to the witness Roger Stone was convicted of threatening.
* The Lincoln Project has a new ad hammering Trump hard over his treatment of Alexander Vindman.
* A new poll ahead of the Nevada caucuses shows Bernie Sanders leading, followed by Joe Biden and Elizabeth Warren.
* Marshall Cohen reports that after denying that he sent Rudy Giuliani to Ukraine to dig up dirt on Joe Biden, now Trump says he did, and it was a great thing to do.
* And Gillian Brockell looks back at some socialists who won elections long before Bernie Sanders or AOC.