Q: (Among registered voters) If the election for U.S. Senate were held today and the candidates were Tim Kaine, the Democrat and George Allen, the Republican, for whom would you vote?
Question 26 of 57
In this poll:
The U.S. Senate race in Virginia is deadlocked six months before Election Day, a new Washington Post poll shows, cementing the contest’s status among the most competitive in the county.
- Part 1: Obama leads Romney as campaigns converge on Virginia
- Part 2: Virginians less optimistic about McDonnell, direction of state
- Part 3: Dulles Metro, Virginia Transportation funding, gas tax
- Part 4: Cuccinelli has a name ID advantage over Bolling, McAuliffe in 2013 governor's race
- Part 5: Va. race for U.S. Senate seat is deadlocked
This Washington Post poll was conducted by telephone April 28 to May 2, 2012, among a random sample of 1,101 adults in the Commonwealth of Virginia, including 964 registered voters and users of both conventional and cellular phones. The results from the full survey have a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3.5 percentage points. Sampling, data collection and tabulation by Abt-SRBI of New York.