Q: (AMONG REGISTERED VOTERS) If the election for the U.S. House of Representatives were being held today, would you vote for (the Democratic candidate) or (the Republican candidate) in your congressional district? Would you lean toward the (Democratic candidate) or toward the (Republican candidate)?
Show results by:
Question 22 of 32
In this poll:
Click "detailed view" to see interactive results by demographic groups (i.e. By age, race, sex and region).
- Part 1: Americans give economy best ratings in 17 years, but give Trump low marks
- Part 2: Democrats hold advantage in 2018 congressional support
- Part 3: More blame Republicans than Democrats for potential government shutdown
- Part 4: Concern that Trump could launch unjustified nuclear attack
- Part 5: Concern about sexual harassment hits new high
This Washington Post-ABC News poll was conducted by telephone January 15-18, 2018, among a random national sample of 1,005 adults, including landline and cell phone respondents. Overall results have a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3.5 percentage point. Sampling, data collection and tabulation by Abt Associates of Cambridge, Mass.