Q: As you may know, U.S. presidents have the authority to order nuclear attacks on other countries. Do you trust Trump to handle this authority responsibly, or not?
Show results by:
Question 23 of 32
In this poll:
Click "detailed view" to see interactive results by demographic groups (i.e. By age, race, sex and region).
- Part 1: Americans give economy best ratings in 17 years, but give Trump low marks
- Part 2: Democrats hold advantage in 2018 congressional support
- Part 3: More blame Republicans than Democrats for potential government shutdown
- Part 4: Concern that Trump could launch unjustified nuclear attack
- Part 5: Concern about sexual harassment hits new high
This Washington Post-ABC News poll was conducted by telephone January 15-18, 2018, among a random national sample of 1,005 adults, including landline and cell phone respondents. Overall results have a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3.5 percentage point. Sampling, data collection and tabulation by Abt Associates of Cambridge, Mass.