Q: If the election for the U.S. House of Representatives were being held today, would you vote for (the Democratic candidate) or (the Republican candidate) in your congressional district? Would you lean toward the (Democratic candidate) or the (Republican candidate)?
Question 4 of 31
In this poll:
Click "detailed view" to see interactive results by demographic groups (i.e. By age, race, sex and partisanship).
- Part 1: Public opinion on North Korea and Russia
- Part 2: Trump approval rating hits 40 percent, highest level since first 100 days
- Part 3: Support for Mueller investigation and views of fired FBI Director Jim Comey
- Part 4: Midterm election: Generic ballot race tightens
- Part 5: New gun laws more of a priority to most Americans than protecting gun rights
This Washington Post-ABC News poll was conducted by telephone April 8-11, 2018, among a random national sample of 1,002 adults, including landline and cell phone respondents. Overall results have a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3.5 percentage points. Sampling, data collection and tabulation by Abt Associates of Rockville, MD.