A creamy, briny and quick complement to grilled meat. Use store-bought mayonnaise, as we have here, or start with your own homemade mayo recipe.
Make Ahead: The aioli can be refrigerated for up to 1 day.
Servings: 1.5 cups
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, plus more to taste (from 1 lemon)
- Leaves from 2 large sprigs of thyme, chopped (2 teaspoons)
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced and smashed to a paste (about 1 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
Combine the mayonnaise, capers, lemon juice, thyme, garlic, salt and black pepper; mix well. Taste and adjust the amount of lemon juice, salt or pepper as needed. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
From food writer Tony Rosenfeld.
Tested by Bonnie S. Benwick.
Email questions to the Food Section at email@example.com.