The sweet heat from this salsa complements grilled fish or chicken. A dash of hot sauce increases its heat.
Servings: 1 cup
- 1 cup blueberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, stem removed, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño or serrano chili pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 2 scallions, white and light-green parts only, finely chopped
- 1/2 lime (juice only)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch sugar
In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. May keep up to 3 days.
Adapted from Jennifer Trainer Thompson's "Very Blueberry" (Celestial Arts, $5.95).
Tested by Candy Sagon.
Email questions to the Food Section at email@example.com.