This tart dressing is served at 1789 in Georgetown with a salad of mixed baby greens.
Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Shake well before using.
Servings: 1 cup
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly cracked black pepper
Combine the vinegar, mustard, shallot and lemon juice in a bowl. Slowly whisk in the oils until they are emulsified. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
From chef Nathan Beauchamp.
Tested by Leslie Waugh.
Email questions to the Food Section at email@example.com.