This basic dressing makes use of flaxseed oil, which is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids.
Servings: 6 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon)
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- Pinch sea salt, preferably Celtic
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons flaxseed oil
Whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste in a medium bowl. Whisk in the oil until thoroughly blended. Taste, and adjust the seasonings as needed.
Adapted from a recipe by Casey Seidenberg, co-founder of Nourish Schools, a District-based nutrition education company.
Tested by Jane Touzalin.
E-mail questions to the Food Section at firstname.lastname@example.org.