Make Ahead: The mayo can be made and refrigerated up to 2 days in advance.
Servings: 1 cup
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 to 4 medium cloves garlic, crushed
- Juice of 1/4 lemon (1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 6 to 8 chives, minced or snipped (2 tablespoons)
Combine the mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, pepper and turmeric in the bowl of a mini-food processor or blender; puree until smooth. Divide equally between two ramekins, then sprinkle equal amounts of the chives in each one; mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
From columnist David Hagedorn.
Tested by David Hagedorn.
E-mail questions to the Food Section at firstname.lastname@example.org.