This silky dressing was served with the house salad of romaine and bibb lettuces, radicchio and frisee at the late Trumpets restaurant.
Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Servings: 1 cup
- 1 large pasteurized egg
- 4 teaspoons raspberry vinegar
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 cup olive oil (not extra-virgin)
Combine the first 8 ingredients in a blender or food processor or with an electric mixer. Add the oil slowly on low speed until it is well incorporated.
From former Trumpets chef David Hagedorn.
Tested by Leslie Waugh.
Email questions to the Food Section at firstname.lastname@example.org.