Add this Asian-flavored marinade to a steak housed in a resealable plastic food storage bag. Seal and refrigerate; marinate for at least 4 hours and up to 2 days.
Make Ahead: The marinade can be prepared up to 3 days in advance.
Servings: 3 pounds of beef
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or peanut oil
- 2-inch piece peeled ginger root, minced (2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
Combine the soy sauce, sherry, canola or peanut oil, ginger, toasted sesame oil and garlic in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
From food writer Tony Rosenfeld.
Tested by Bonnie S. Benwick.
Email questions to the Food Section at firstname.lastname@example.org.