Using frozen creamed spinach and prepped items from the salad bar makes this an economical version of the classic dip. It can be made 1 day in advance. Serve with pita chips or thin slices of baguette.
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 6-ounce jar artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 12-ounce package frozen creamed spinach, defrosted
- 1 scallion, white and light-green parts finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red bell pepper (cut from peppers on the salad bar)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green bell pepper (cut from peppers on the salad bar)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (from the salad bar)
- Freshly ground black pepper
Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, artichoke hearts, defrosted creamed spinach, scallion, bell peppers and Parmesan cheese in a medium bowl; mix thoroughly and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
From Kevin Mesiah of Seafoodie in Reston.
Tested by Bonnie S. Benwick.
Email questions to the Food Section at firstname.lastname@example.org.