Listen to a week in Smith’s life, in his own words.
Share your story
Tell us how your life has changed due to the coronavirus outbreak, and help us share first-person accounts of life during the pandemic.
- 'Good luck, everybody'
- 'You never signed up for this’
- ‘I cannot hold it all’
- 'For me, it’s all the blues'
Get vital coronavirus news from The Post for free:
- Sign up for the newsletter: washingtonpost.com/virusnewsletter
- Read the latest coverage: washingtonpost.com/coronavirus
- Subscribe to our daily news podcasts: washingtonpost.com/podcasts
Explore more first-person accounts of the pandemic:
Marquise Knox, a blues musician in St. Louis, was set to release a new album and tour with ZZ Top this spring. Now, he’s self-isolated, playing music on Facebook Live, and feeling the blues hit home. He shared recordings with The Post April 6-19.
Friday, April 24, 2020
Gabe Albornoz, a council member in Montgomery County, Md., who leads the Health and Human Services Committee, let us into his life for a week as his county responded to the pandemic. He shared recordings with The Post April 23 - May 2.
Friday, May 8, 2020