Listen to Gabe's story, in his own words.
Share your story
Tell us how your life has changed due to the coronavirus outbreak, and help us share first-person accounts of life during the pandemic.
- 'Good luck, everybody'
- 'You never signed up for this’
- ‘I cannot hold it all’
- 'For me, it’s all the blues'
- 'First thing's first, I gotta beat this game'
Get vital coronavirus news from The Post for free:
- Sign up for the newsletter: washingtonpost.com/virusnewsletter
- Read the latest coverage: washingtonpost.com/coronavirus
- Subscribe to our daily news podcasts: washingtonpost.com/podcasts
Explore more first-person accounts of the pandemic:
With the NBA suspended because of covid-19, Washington Wizards point guard Ish Smith finds himself home, filling his days with video games alone instead of high-stakes games in front of thousands of fans. Smith shared recordings with The Post April 18-23.
Friday, May 1, 2020
As the meat industry struggles in the pandemic, consumers are seeing lower supplies and higher prices for beef. But the strain has also hit independent ranchers such as Terry Swanson of Colorado. He shared recordings with The Post from April 28 to May 7.
Friday, May 15, 2020