On the border with Beto O’Rourke
For at least two hours, 2020 campaign reporter Jenna Johnson walked with Democratic former Senate candidate Beto O’Rourke in Texas. Johnson tells host Martine Powers about the conversation they had about the border and what, if any, ideas the potential presidential candidate may have on the matter.
- Beto O’Rourke’s immigration plan: No wall but no specifics
- For Beto O’Rourke, the border is personal
- Fingers crossed, strategists plan a Beto O’Rourke presidential campaign — without O’Rourke’s input
William Barr faces lawmakers in confirmation hearing
Matt Zapotosky, a national security reporter for The Post, talks with Martine about the confirmation hearing for attorney general nominee William Barr. Today the nominee faced questions from the Senate Judiciary Committee about his views of the Mueller probe and how he would remain independent in the Justice Department.
This comes in light of a memo he wrote expressing skepticism about one aspect of the special-counsel investigation and revelations that Barr discussed representing President Trump himself. In the hearing, Barr said he would not “permit partisan politics to interfere with this or any other investigation.”
- Barr fields questions on Mueller probe, independence from Trump at attorney general confirmation hearing
- William Barr’s confirmation hearing begins with a focus on Mueller
- Barr vows to let special-counsel investigation finish and says it is ‘very important’ Congress and the public be told of the findings
The surprising search results for a Supreme Court justice
Drew Harwell, a tech reporter for The Post, on how a search for “RBG” in YouTube yielded unexpected results.
Greg Miller on the president keeping notes from meetings with Russian President Vladimir Putin to himself. Darryl Fears on an executive order that may thin millions of acres of forests. Plus, the hit musical “Hamilton” makes its way to Puerto Rico.
Monday, January 14, 2019
Jenna Johnson on the gradual policy shifts of Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), newly announced presidential hopeful. Sudarsan Raghavan on the struggle to survive for many in Yemen. Plus, the sounds of healthy and unhealthy snow.
Wednesday, January 16, 2019