Here’s today’s schedule:
- 9:15 a.m. – ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson’s hearing starts. Tillerson is Trump’s pick for Secretary of State, and will face the Senate Foreign Relations Committee
- 9:30 a.m. – Day two of Attorney General nominee Jeff Sessions’s confirmation hearing with the Senate Judiciary Committee begins.
- 10:15 a.m. – Elaine Chao, Trump’s Secretary of Transportation transportation, Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation
- 11:00 a.m. – Trump is scheduled to hold a news conference in New York on how he intends to separate himself from his business interests. It remains unclear whether he will address a classified report delivered to him and President Obama last week summarizing allegations that Russian intelligence services have compromising information on Trump’s personal life and finances.
- 11 a.m. – Simultaneously, voting begins on a budget measure that contains the framework for repealing the Affordable Care Act, although it will be some months before an actual repeal bill will hit the floor in both chambers.
Meanwhile, start with these essential resources to help make sense of a hectic day in politics.