Q: In general, should the U.S. (launch a military strike on North Korea first, before it can attack America or U.S. allies) or should the U.S. (only attack North Korea if it attacks America or U.S. allies)?
Show results by:
Question 23 of 41
In this poll:
Click "detailed view" to see interactive results by demographic groups (i.e. By age, race, sex and region).
- Part 1: Most Americans trust U.S. military leaders, not the president, to handle North Korea
- Part 2: Most prefer Obamacare over Republicans' new health law
- Part 3: Immigration, DACA, Congress and compromise
- Part 4: Americans split on business tax cut, oppose cut for people with high-incomes
- Part 5: Majority says severity of recent hurricanes likely the result of global climate change
This Washington Post-ABC News poll was conducted by telephone September 18-21, 2017, among a random national sample of 1,002 adults, including landline and cell phone respondents. Results have a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3.5 percentage points. Sampling, data collection and tabulation by Abt Associates of Cambridge, MA.