Q: 10. Trump announced plans to impose taxes known as tariffs on some goods that are made in other countries and imported to the United States. China has responded by announcing planned tariffs on some U.S. goods sold in China. Do you think this situation will be good or bad for jobs in the United States?
Show results by:
Question 10 of 31
In this poll:
Click "detailed view" to see interactive results by demographic groups (i.e. By age, race, sex and partisanship).
- Part 1: Public opinion on North Korea and Russia
- Part 2: Trump approval rating hits 40 percent, highest level since first 100 days
- Part 3: Support for Mueller investigation and views of fired FBI Director Jim Comey
- Part 4: Midterm election: Generic ballot race tightens
- Part 5: New gun laws more of a priority to most Americans than protecting gun rights
This Washington Post-ABC News poll was conducted by telephone April 8-11, 2018, among a random national sample of 1,002 adults, including landline and cell phone respondents. Overall results have a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3.5 percentage points. Sampling, data collection and tabulation by Abt Associates of Rockville, MD.