- Client coverage is increasingly important and we must provide customized solutions for their unique business needs.
- Today more than ever, it is critical we focus on clients and develop consultative relationships that tap into all facets of The Washington Post.
- The ad agency business model is changing rapidly and we must create upper-funnel partnerships that provide exclusive value to key agencies and their clients.
Therefore, we will create two teams that are equally effective when it comes to driving growth on both sides of the revenue supply chain.
- The Global Client Partner team will be responsible for the full client relationship end to end. This will result in an increased level of focus and expertise around our clients’ business and creates a single point of contact across the account.
- The Global Agency Partner team will focus on individual agency ad holding company relationships, including senior leadership and programmatic/data teams. As we continue to enhance our content, product and data offerings, this will ensure that the full breadth of solutions we provide is visible and clear to all stakeholders at the agency level.
To support this new structure, I am delighted to announce several changes to our management team:
Jacquelyn L. Cameron will lead the Client Partner team in North America as Vice President, Client Partnerships, and will continue to oversee Leadership sales in her new role. Jacquelyn has demonstrated a keen ability to consult and become a trusted partner for her clients, and to effectively grow and develop sales strategy and teams. It comes as no surprise that her team has not only exceeded goal for 2019 but also expected to set a revenue record for the Leadership division. Jacquelyn’s reputation as a thought leader and partner is well established and combined with her national sales experience, she will successfully advance our business in this expanded role. Jacquelyn will continue to report to me.
We are creating a Client Partner West team and Molly Bechert will oversee this territory which will be comprised of the west coast, the mid-west and Canada. In this expanded role, Molly’s ability to manage complex partnerships while leveraging our proprietary technology and trusted journalism as our competitive advantage will continue to drive our success in these markets. Ann-Marie Taylor has decided to leave the Washington Post to pursue another opportunity. I appreciate Ann-Marie’s significant contribution to the organization over the last three years. She leaves a team of seasoned executives who have driven impressive growth year over year and whom will report directly to Molly. Molly will report to Jacquelyn Cameron.
On the East Coast, our Client Partner team will be led by Ashley Carpenter and Katie Zambrano. Ashley will oversee an expanded territory including Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions. Her passion for our brand and mission has resulted in significant business growth and her knowledge around purpose-driven marketing will ensure success at a greater scale. Katie Zambrano will continue to manage a team of client partner executives based in our New York office who have been responsible for the highest percentage of global revenue across the world. Both will report to Jacquelyn Cameron.
The international sales team across Europe and Asia will continue to report to Emma Winchurch-Beale. Emma will report to me.
I’m also pleased to announce Jeff Goldman’s new role as Director of Pricing and Sales Strategy. Jeff will lead this newly formed team and partner with leadership across our client solutions businesses to create an informed pricing and performance strategy across all platforms for the entirety of our sales operation. Jeff is a trusted advisor and I’m confident he will leverage his deep familiarity with the marketplace and our product suite in order to identify opportunities to continue to drive revenue growth as well as focus on maximizing ROI on behalf of our clients. Jeff will report to Kate Davey.
We are currently recruiting for the Vice President, Global Agency Partnerships role. The successful candidate will be based in New York and report directly to me.
I am so impressed by the depth of talent we have here at The Post, and I am excited to see what we can accomplish together now and in the future. Please join me in congratulating Jacquelyn, Molly, Ashley and Jeff on their new roles.