Additional speakers include Acting Director of the National Cancer Institute Douglas R. Lowy, MD, Director of Oncology for the U.S. Food and Drug Administration Richard Pazdur, MD and YouTube star Dr. Mikhail “Mike” Varshavski who will discuss groundbreaking new treatments, innovations in drug policy, the latest early detection methods and how to prevent disease before it even occurs.
Media who wish to cover must RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. This event will be livestreamed at wapo.st/chasingcancer.
- Imagine Dragons (Dan Reynolds- Lead Vocalist; Wayne Sermon- Lead Guitarist; Ben McKee-Bassist; Daniel Platzman- Drummer)
- Douglas R. Lowy, MD, Acting Director, National Cancer Institute
- Richard Pazdur, MD, Director, Oncology Center of Excellence, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Ellen Sigal, PhD, Chairperson and Founder, Friends of Cancer Research
- Mikhail Varshavski, DO, Primary Care Physician, YouTube Star and Influencer
- Anne McTiernan, MD PhD, Internist and Epidemiologist, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
In a sponsor segment produced by AstraZeneca’s YOUR Cancer Program, speakers will discuss early detection, prevention and the importance of collaboration in oncology precision medicine:
- Cynthia Bens, SVP, Public Policy at Personalized Medicine Coalition
- Andrea Ferris, President and CEO at LUNGevity Foundation
- Chad Ramsey, VP, Policy at Ovarian Cancer Research Alliance
- Adrian Kilcoyne MD, MBA, MPH, VP US Medical Affairs and HEOR, AstraZeneca Oncology
Thursday, October 17
Networking Breakfast: 8:30 a.m.
Program: 9:00 - 10:30 a.m.
The Washington Post Live Center
1301 K St NW, Washington DC, 20071