FULL ISSUE: https://wapo.st/2pOK5vo
In the issue, readers will find:
- LAW ENFORCEMENT: The photographer created his own crime scene. The infraction? Being black.
- SPEAK YOUR MIND: Talking about discrimination can require careful navigation
- TOY STORY: Even in dolls, our tendency to objectify black female bodies comes through
- FACE TO FACE: How our skin color affects the way others see us
- UNWANTED NEIGHBORS: In some areas of Chicago, the signs of environmental injustice are everywhere
- CHOKEHOLD: The dangers of internalizing racism
- THE RACE CARD: The photo industry’s historical bias toward particular skin tones
- CARVED IN STONE: At Georgia’s Stone Mountain, the state’s ties to the Confederacy cast a long shadow
- IN OUR SKIN: A photojournalist depicts what it feels like to be on the receiving end of ignorance and hate
The issue will run in print on Dec 1.