From Executive Producer and Senior Digital News Editor Cory Haik, Senior Mobile Editor Kerry Lauerman, and Design Director Christopher Meighan: 

We’re pleased to announce that Amy Cavenaile has joined our mobile innovations team as a designer.

Amy comes to us from the Omaha World-Herald, where she was designing for A1 and features. She’s a 2014 graduate of Ball State University, where she created and implemented a Unified Media Design Studio that allowed designers to work efficiently across multiple platforms. She managed all design initiatives for Ball State’s student-run newspaper, magazine, tablet and online publications. We are very excited about the enthusiasm and range of skills Amy brings to our team. Her first day is Monday.

From Executive Producer and Senior Digital News Editor Cory Haik and Senior Mobile Editor Kerry Lauerman:

We are excited to announce that Julie Vitkovskaya will join the Post as a producer on our mobile innovations team. Julie comes to us from several time zones away — the Korea Joongang Daily in Seoul, South Korea — where as a Princeton in Asia Fellow she researched, fact-checked and copy edited content for one of that country’s biggest English-language newspapers, in association with the International New York Times. Julie has previously worked as an intern at The Arizona Republic, The East Valley Tribune, Gannett Local and 944 Magazine.

She was also executive editor at The State Press, the student newspaper of Arizona State University, where she graduated in 2013 with Bachelor of Arts in Journalism.

We’re excited for Julie to contribute to our new projects. Today is her first day.