On Thursday, September 27, The Washington Post will host “Taking Flight: The Economics of the Aviation Industry,” the second event in a three-part series which is examining all aspects of the aviation industry.
The Federal Aviation Administration’s Bailey Edwards, Sen. Edward J. Markey (D-Mass.) member of the U.S. Senate Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security, and Rep. Scott Perry (R-Pa.), member of the U.S. House of Representatives Subcommittee on Aviation, will discuss energy policy and the short- and long-term impacts of rising fuel prices on the commercial aviation industry and consumers. Industry leaders will address innovations in aircrafts, airports, alternative fuels, and other cost-saving technologies.
- Bailey Edwards, Assistant Administrator for Policy, International Affairs and Environment, Federal Aviation Administration
- Sen. Edward J. Markey (D-Mass.) Member, U.S. Senate Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Rep. Scott Perry (R-Pa.), Member, U.S. House of Representatives Subcommittee on Aviation
- Laurent Rouaud, Chief Marketing Officer, GE Aviation
- Kristin Slyker, Vice President, Connected Aircraft, Honeywell Aerospace
- Michael McAdams, President, Advanced Biofuels Association
- David Silver, President, Civil Aviation Aerospace Industries Association
This event will be streamed live on The Post’s site at wapo.st/takingflight and is open to press. All media who wish to attend must RSVP.
Thursday, September 27, 2018
9:00 AM – 10:30 AM (Doors open at 8:30 AM)
The Washington Post Live Center
1301 K Street NW, Washington DC 20071
This event is sponsored by Delta Air Lines.
“Taking Flight: The Economics of the Aviation Industry” is the second event in a three-part series sponsored by Delta Air Lines that will explore the future of modern air travel and key issues including regulation, security, and economics.