On Thursday, October 25, former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives Newt Gingrich, elected officials, policy experts and plugged-in political operatives will assess both parties’ chances on Election Day and explore what the results on November 6 might mean for a variety of policy issues.
Speakers, including Sen. Chris Van Hollen (D- Md.), Chairman of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, and Neera Tanden, President of the Center for American Progress, will look at the battle for control of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives, the issues that are driving the campaigns and voters and the real-world implications of this year’s elections for the administration, Congress, American businesses and individuals.
• Newt Gingrich, Former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives
• Neera Tanden, President, Center for American Progress
• Sen. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.), Chairman, Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee
• Amy Walter, National Editor, The Cook Political Report
• Matt Schlapp, Chairman, American Conservative Union
More speakers to be announced.
This event is open to press and will be streamed on The Post’s site at wapo.st/2018midtermslive Media who wish to cover must RSVP.
Thursday, October 25, 2018
Program: 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM (Doors open at 3:30 PM)
The Washington Post Live Center
1301 K Street NW, Washington, DC 20071
M&T Bank and Wilmington Trust are the presenting sponsors of this event, with support from The Economic Club of Washington, D.C.