This no-cook Turkish dip comes together in minutes. It's a cool contrast in taste and textures.
If you choose to use salted almonds, eliminate the pinch of kosher salt.
Serve with pita chips.
Servings: 3.5 cups
- 8 ounces dry-roasted, unsalted almonds (may substitute blanched almond slivers, toasted in a 350-degree oven until lightly browned)
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups seedless green grapes, washed and dried
- 2 to 3 large cloves garlic
- Pinch kosher salt, or more as needed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Combine the almonds, 2 cups of the grapes, garlic (to taste) and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. With the motor running, add the oil in a slow, steady stream until well incorporated. The consistency should be nubbly. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of grapes if the texture seems too thick, or for added sweetness. Taste, and add salt as needed.
Serve right away, or transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Adapted from Potomac cookbook author and culinary educator Sheilah Kaufman.
Tested by Bonnie S. Benwick.
Email questions to the Food Section at email@example.com.