The cheese adds rich, tangy notes to a classic vinaigrette.
Make Ahead: The vinaigrette may be refrigerated for up to a month.
Servings: 2 cups
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- Freshly squeezed juice from 1 lemon (2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
Combine the vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper in the bowl of a stand mixer or hand-held electric mixer until the salt has dissolved. Slowly drizzle in the oil, mixing continuously to form an emulsified vinagrette.
Stir in the blue cheese.
Serve immediately, or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a month.
Tested by Jane Touzalin.
Email questions to the Food Section at email@example.com.