Though cocktail snobs will turn up their noses, the classic Cosmo actually is a very good cocktail. The problem is that it's become obscured by dozens of variations, most of them ranging from bad to ridiculous. Spirits columnist Jason Wilson recommends a good-value citrus vodka, such as Skyy Citrus.
- 1 1/2 ounces citrus vodka
- 1 ounce orange-flavored liqueur, such as triple sec, Cointreau or Grand Marnier
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 ounce unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1 lime wedge, for garnish
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the vodka, orange liqueur and juices; shake well and strain into a cocktail (martini) glass. Garnish with the lime wedge.
Tested by Michael Taylor.
Email questions to the Food Section at firstname.lastname@example.org.